A more complete PDF version of my CV, last updated 2021-02-07, can be found here.
ETH Zürich and University of Zürich - Institute of Neuroinformatics
- MSc in Neural Systems and Computation (Sep. 2018 to Present)
- Prospective research interests include biologically-inspired models of learning and computation, with a focus on natural language processing applications. Mentored by Shih-Chii Liu.
- BS in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Minor in Mathematics (Sep. 2013 - Dec. 2017)
- In the Honors program with a Computer Science GPA of 3.9/4.0. Was involved in multiple research opportunities (see below).
- Research Assistant (Sep. 2016 - Apr. 2017)
- Worked with Prof. Rada Mihalcea and graduate students to develop better question-answering models using multi-modal data. We used the MovieQA dataset, which consists of video clips and associated subtitles, scripts, etc. I tested existing baseline models (Word2Vec, Skip-Thought) as well as discussing possible improvements with teammates.
- Research Assistant (Oct. 2014 - Dec. 2014)
- Worked with Prof. Satinder Singh Baveja and Prof. Richard Lewis. I covered fundamental texts and papers in reinforcement learning (RL) such as the textbook by Sutton and Barto, Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction. I then implemented various RL algorithms, which were evaluated for performance using a variety of metrics for investigation by other lab members to develop more domain-agnostic RL systems.
- Research Assistant (Sept. 2013 - May 2014)
- Worked with Prof. Charles Brooks III on a computational biophysics project involving the evaluation of potentially more efficient protein folding simulation methods. Improved skills in generating and visualizing large quantities of data.
- Research Assistant (June 2012 - Aug. 2012)
- Worked with Dr. Mitchell McGrath in the Plant Sciences department to identify and outline differential expression during sugar beet germination when exposed to hydrogen peroxide as opposed to water. Wrote Python programs and adapted existing tools to analyze gene sequencing results.
- Engineering Intern (May 2018 - Aug. 2018)
- Worked at an early-stage startup building innovative software for privacy compliance, focusing on recent GDPR policy developments. Implemented connections with multiple data handlers (Stripe, etc.) to faciliate user data handling for clients.
- Engineering Intern (May 2016 - Aug. 2016)
- Worked with the Platforms team to modify all backend services for deployment on multiple datacenters, including handling dynamic configuration management, health checks, and Docker containerization using tools such as Consul by HashiCorp.
- Backend Engineering Intern (May 2015 - Aug. 2015)
- Worked to implement new features for the backend written in Clojure. Gained experience in developing APIs, including interfacing with web/mobile clients and databases (PostgreSQL). Worked with ingesting large datasets including nationwide soil data, etc.